publish date 2021-09-22 08:50:57
A sore throat can be painful and annoying, but it usually doesn’t last more than a week.
Express reveals how to get rid of a sore throat, according to the NHS.
If you have a sore throat, you may have bad breath, a mild cough, and swollen neck glands. A sore throat is not one of the three main symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new and persistent cough, or a loss or change in the sense of smell or taste).
However, a sore throat can be an early symptom of the coronavirus.
Most of the time, sore throats are caused by contagious viruses such as the cold or the flu, but it can also be caused by smoking.
In rare cases, sore throats are caused by bacteria, and this is the only time antibiotics are prescribed for a sore throat.
So how can you treat a sore throat?
You can soothe a sore throat and shorten its duration by following these tips:
• Gargling with warm, salty water (children should not try this).
• drink a lot of water.
• Eat soft foods.
• Avoid smoking or smoky places.
• Suck on ice cubes or hard candy – but don’t give young children anything that is small and difficult to suck because of the risk of suffocation.
If that doesn’t help, your pharmacist can prescribe one of the following three remedies for a sore throat:
• Use paracetamol or ibuprofen.
• The use of therapeutic emulsions that contain either a local anesthetic or antiseptic or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
• Use an anesthetic spray (although there is little evidence that it helps).
#rid #sore #throat #Easy #procedures #speed #healing
Jordan Miscellaneous news
Source : اخبار الاردن